Mission – to help business to develop thermal energy and cooling systems improving their efficiency and to participate in a more effective utilization of renewable energy and fossil fuels.
Vision – development of an energy and thermal engineering centre known nationally and internationally while conducting innovative investigation on thermal energy / cooling systems and renewable energy.
The main investigation topics of the group:
- Investigation of effectiveness of thermal energy systems:
- thermo-hydro-mechanics of two-phase flows
- thermo-hydro-mechanics of single-phase flows
- Investigation of effectiveness of cooling systems:
- heat transformation processes in cooling systems
- heat transformation processes in air conditioning systems
- heat transformation processes in heat pump systems
- Investigation of a more efficient utilization of renewable energy and fossil fuels:
- combustion of bio-waste
- reduction of pollution generated by the combustion process
- investigation of fuel physical energy properties
- analysis of mechanical systems for fuel supply and storage
- opportunity analysis of alternative fuel utilization