EQUAL-IST aims at introducing structural changes to enhance gender equality within Information Systems and Technology Research institutions, which have been demonstrated to be among the research sectors most affected by gender inequalities at all levels.
The project aims at supporting seven RPOs from Northern, Southern and Central European countries in developing and implementing Gender Equality Action Plans
The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation “Horizon 2020”
• State of the art report: This report will synthesise the desk research and interview findings into a set of good practices of gender equality measures targeted at research institutions
• Gender Equality Assessment Report: It will include the assessment results for each RPO involved together with an analysis of the respective national policies
• Crowdsourcing Platform for the Development of GEPs: The Crowdsourcing Platform will be either a self-developed solution, or an adapted existing solution to support the de-centralized development of the GEPs.
• Initial RPO-specific GEPs: This report will gather the seven individual GEPs that will be implemented during the first implementation phase
• Toolkit for designing and implementing GEPs in ICT-IST research institutions: This report will include the strategy for the design and implementation process with a participatory and co-design approach as well as models for overcoming resistance to change. It will include specific sections on HR Management, ICT-Design and Research with a gendered approach, Gender Sensitive Institutional Communication, Teaching and services to students
Period of project implementation: 2016-06-01 - 2019-05-31
Project coordinator: Start-up company "ViLabs"
Project partners: Ca' Foscari University of Venice, The University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, University of Turku, Kaunas University of Technology, Simon Kuznets Kharkiv National University of Economics, University of Munster, University of Minho