In order to both solve the medical needs of ageing-populations in Europe, and develop an innovative ecosystem beneficial for the economy of Lithuania, it is proposed to foster the whole innovation chain in the area of healthy ageing – from fundamental research through to the introduction of new products and services to the market – by creating in Lithuania a world-class Centre of Excellence (CoE) in science and technology for healthy ageing, named HEALTH-TECH.
The long-term vision for HEALTH-TECH is to:
– Become the leading provider of innovative medical solutions for the improvement of the health of ageing-populations in Europe,
– Consolidate research and development, education and training, and networking and promotion resources activities in the area of healthy ageing,
– Coordinate, integrate and support research excellence and innovation development in Lithuania, the Baltic Sea region, and Europe,
– Support researchers, physicians, and entrepreneurs in the field of healthy ageing science, technology and biotechnology to produce innovations beneficial for the society and economy of Lithuania and beyond.
The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation “Horizon 2020”
Such results are going to be achieved during the project implementation:
– Launched the governance, management and administrative structures and processes of the CoE;
– Built the open research capacity and capabilities of the CoE;
– Built the open innovation capacity and capabilities of the CoE;
– Established and operate the ethics, quality and risk management structures and processes of the CoE;
– Developed international research and innovation networks, and disseminate the CoE’s results
Period of project implementation: 2015-06-30 - 2016-05-31
Project coordinator: Kaunas University of Technology
Project partners: Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Vilnius University, Lund University