Teodoro Forcht-Dagi (United States of America) is a professor at the Queen’s University Belfast (Northern Ireland) and Harvard Medical School (USA), neurosurgeon, member of the biomedical entrepreneurship board of Harvard Health Science and Technology programme.
Famous neurosurgeon is a member of the board of the company Vittamed, which is commercialising the radical innovation developed by KTU scientists – the non-invasive absolute value intracranial pressure meter – in the global market.
The title of KTU Honorary Doctor was awarded for the following merits to the University:
- T. F. Dagi closely cooperates with the researchers of KTU Health Telematics Science Institute in the areas of technology and innovation development for the human brain research and diagnostics
- He has been providing consultations and prepared medical projects in cooperation with the University’s scientists for many years
- Professor contributed to the development of the first non-invasive absolute value intracranial pressure measurement device in the world developed by KTU scientists, and its introduction to the market
- T. F. Dagi has organised traineeships of the University’s Doctoral students and young Doctors of Science at Harvard University
- He assisted KTU researchers in preparation of three applications for general clinical projects at the USA National Institute of Health, co-authored research papers with the University’s scientists in prestigious scientific journals of the USA