Kaunas University of Technology is a leading Lithuanian university providing a wide range of studies of engineering, technological, physical and social sciences, humanities and arts as well as closely cooperating with business. The University’s research groups contribute to the global scientific knowledge by conducting cutting-edge interdisciplinary research.
KTU kindly invites colleagues from partner universities worldwide to its “Global Faculty Week 2019” to be held on 21-25 October 2019.
The event is open for academic staff willing to give lectures, share experiences with our professors, find areas of cooperation and mutual interests. We believe that a comprehensive program of the event will give the opportunity to gain new knowledge, start discussions and networking as well as help strengthen the existing and create new partnerships with colleagues from all over the world.
The participants will be hosted by 7 faculties. Guest lecturers are invited to prepare lectures/workshops in the following study areas:
- Civil Engineering. Bases and Foundations, Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Structures, Equipment of Construction Industry, Manufacturing Technology of Building Products and Structures, Advanced Concrete Technologies, Design of Metal Structures, Innovation in Building Products Technology, Complex and Composite Products Technology
- Architecture. Sustainable Architecture, Architectural Experiment, Typology of Occupants, Urban Planning, History of Urbanism, Urban Theory, Harmony between Old and New in Architecture
- Chemistry. Applied Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Chemical Technology and Engineering
- Electronics Engineering, Transport Electronics
- Automation, Robotics. Automation Devices and Systems, Robotics, Electric Drives, Automation Control Theory, Artificial Intelligence, Digital Control Systems, PLC Programming and Scada Systems.
- Production Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering and Management, Industrial Design Engineering
- Materials Technologies. Biomaterials and their Technologies, Micro-and Nanotechnologies: Application and Analyses Methods
- Applied Mathematics. Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Optimization, Cryptography, Blockchains, FinTech
- Physics. Radiation Influence to Materials, Physics and Mechanics of Polymers, Nanotechnologies in Power Engineering of Alternative Fuel
- Health Technologies. Medical Physics, Radiation Therapy
- Computer Science, Informatics Engineering. Computer Graphics, Data Structures, Computer Architecture, Computer Networks and Internet Technologies, Mobile Internet Systems, Android Programming, Models and Algorithms of Physically Based Behaviour, Virtual Reality Modelling, Algorithms and Data Structures in Computational Geometry
- Business and Administration. Fundamentals of Enterprise Management, Fundamentals of Finance, International Finance Management, Management of Business Investment, Accounting, Human Resource Management
- Economics. Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, International Economics, International Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, International Labour Movement
- Humanities. Translation Technologies (Machine Translation, Cloud Based Translation), Localisation, Legal and Professional Ethics in Translation, Media Language.
Kindly note that participants coming with the Erasmus+ funding are required to prepare lectures of at least 8 teaching hours. Participants using other sources of financing shall agree on the workload individually with the receiving departments.
There is no participation fee and all events included in the programme are free of charge. Participants are expected to cover their costs for travel, accommodation and meals not mentioned in the programme themselves.
We will fully support you in applying for funding under the Erasmus+ Programme at your home university. Therefore, please let us know if you need any documents or confirmation from our side.
Colleagues from partner universities within KA107 projects (International Credit Mobility) can seek financing from KTU. For more information please contact Ms. Gintarė Vilbikienė firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language of the event and lectures is English.
More information here: https://en.ktu.edu/erasmus/globalweek#programme