About – Research Group of Development and Analysis of Identification and Cryptographic Methods is a leader in the field of cryptography in Lithuania, and also possibly in the Baltic States. Research results are presented in the number of publications and were used in several projects funded by EU: FP7, Latvia – Lithuania Cross Border Cooperation Programm, EC DG Home Affairs, and two projects funded by Lithuanian Research Council.
Mission of the group – The development and security analysis of new and perspective cryptographic methods for cryptographic data protection and their integrating in ciber security systems, blockchain technology and internet of things (IoT). To participate in the project and study activities in these field. To disseminate importance of cryptography and data security among the society and to stimulate new talents to choose associated studies.
Vision of the group – To create new secure cryptographic information protection methods being effective in their realization and resistant to quantum cryptanalysis.
Main research topics of the group:
- Creation of new one-way function (OWF) with provable security for cryptographic protocols construction.
- Construction of new cryptographic protocols based on created OWF of encryption, e-signature and identification providing data confidentiality, authenticity, integrity and person identification.
- Practical realization of created protocols in data protection systems.
- Auditing and security estimation services of existing data protection systems.
- Contribution to blockchain technology development and improvement.