Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) is a multidisciplinary, internationally recognised university, promoting excellence in physical and technological sciences, creating modern knowledge and technologies. The University provides studies of engineering, technologies, physical and social sciences, humanities and arts. The research groups working at KTU contribute to the global scientific knowledge by conducting cutting edge interdisciplinary research on the most important questions of current time.
KTU School of Economics and Business is one of the largest centres for the training of economic, business and management specialists, well-known not only in Lithuania but also abroad.
Students of the School of Economics and Business can choose from bachelor‘s (7) and master’s (9) study programmes and two doctoral programmes.
The research in School of Economics and Business is conducted in 4 interdisciplinary research groups:
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Economy
- Sustainable Management
The Dean is the executive head of the School reporting to the Rector of KTU. The position has the ultimate responsibility for the School’s teaching and research activities as well as its operational management. The Dean leads the School’s management team, which includes principal investigators of research groups and study programmes managers.
The appointment to this position will be for a period of five years, with a possibility of reappointment for another period of five years. The same person may be appointed for the position for no more than two consecutive terms.
The Dean’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- development and maintaining of the vision for the School’s educational and research activities;
- leading the School’s team and directing the School’s contribution to reaching strategic objectives of KTU;
- development and monitoring of the School’s strategic and annual performance objectives;
- directing the School’s efforts for continuous improvement of the study programmes quality and ensuring the provision of teaching based on contemporary didactics;
- development and expansion of the School’s research portfolio;
- identification of opportunities and development of policies and incentives that encourage the School’s interdisciplinary activities as well as closer cooperation with business and social partners, also development of partnerships with regional businesses and the community at large;
- fostering the School’s collaborative relationships with other academic and non-academic organisational units of KTU;
- supporting the creation and implementation of innovative and effective student attraction and relationship management approaches as well as school staff recruitment, retention, development and performance management models;
- ensuring sound financial performance of the School.
The Dean is expected to:
- have a compelling academic vision and be able to bring about educational and research innovations;
- take charge, possess superior organising, priority setting and self-motivation skills;
- have the ability to interact and communicate effectively as either a leader or as a team member and work collaboratively with colleagues from other organisational units;
- have the ability to adapt to dynamic work situations, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- be capable of implementing finance, staff and other resources management policies that support strategic objectives of the School as well as those of the University;
- be a bridge builder and a team player, be able to persuade and inspire, as well as be receptive to opinions of others.
All applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) degree, have good knowledge of Lithuanian and professional English language.
The Application Process
The following documents must be submitted online at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a cover letter;
- a description of proposed vision and objectives of the School;
- an extended curriculum vitae (CV) including description of achieved research and innovation outputs as well as acquired academic, management and other relevant experience;
- a copy of the document certifying higher education;
- a copy of the document certifying PhD (or equivalent) degree;
- additional documents, information or references to support Applicant’s scientific, academic and management activities and qualifications (at the Applicant’s discretion).
The closing date for receipt of applications is 6 March 2019.
Questions regarding the application process should be addressed to Lina Žebrauskienė, Representative of the Human Resources (email: email@example.com, phone: +370 656 80 596).